Registration is open for our Managing Intense Emotions group. We have both youth and adult versions of this group currently available.
- Youth Group (Ages 13-19):
- Wednesday 4:30pm
- Adult Group Ages 18+ (if no longer in high school):
- Thursday at 6pm
Sometimes emotions can be uncomfortable and overwhelming, leading to distress, social and relationship difficulties, and result in problematic behaviors in attempt to cope with discomfort. This group will consist of both skills training, activities, and open processing of thoughts and feelings and is designed to teach healthy effective ways to manage emotions and reduce ineffective unhealthy coping patterns and overall distress.
Evidence-based treatment strategies including DBT skills and creative and fun activities will be used to assist you in:
- Identifying triggers and exploring underlying factors contributing to intense emotions and problematic behaviors.
- Learning healthy and effective ways to manage emotions
- Improving your ability to successfully problem solve in the face of emotion
- Learning strategies to improve and cultivate healthy relationships
- Learning how to balance demands of life that lead us to feel overwhelmed and stressed out
- The cost of the group is $60/session (reduced fees are available for those that qualify).
***We are always open to starting new groups where there is a demand (as long as we have competency in that area). If you are interested in participating in a group that is not available please contact us to see how we may be able to accommodate your request.