We administer a wide variety of psychological tests to assess for cognitive, academic, personality, and executive functioning. Assessments typically involve testing on an individual’s mood and personality, and/or how well a person’s brain is working when performing certain functions, such as remembering or solving problems. The type of assessment and types of tests given as part of an assessment depends upon the questions you may have in regard to overall functioning.
Assessments may be used to obtain several types of information, which range from determining an individual’s talents or deficits in the academic and cognitive domain, identifying how an injury has affected thinking skills, or determining how an individual’s mood is impacting his or her daily life. An assessment provides information to affected individuals, physicians, therapists, teachers, parents, and court/law officials to inform appropriate lifestyle changes and interventions. Assessments may also highlight pivotal issues in the academic setting, and medical or mental health treatment.
- Identifying or diagnosing inappropriate expressions of emotions or moods (for example, persistent sadness, manic episodes, psychosis),
- Identifying or diagnosing inappropriate or unmanageable behavior (such as consistent defiance, outbursts of anger or violence)
- Identifying personality styles or ways of thinking that interfere with functioning (for example, paranoia, fear of abandonment, or social isolation), and/or
- Identifying personality strengths and weaknesses that may be used to guide therapy.
- Intellectual Testing (WAIS-IV, WISC-V, WPPSI-IV)
- Learning Disability Evaluation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Executive Functioning (NEPSY, D-KEFS)
- Personality Functioning (MMPI, BASC, Rorschach)
- Private School Admissions Testing
- Giftedness Evaluation
- Clinical Assessment
- Court-Ordered Evaluation
- Psychosexual Evaluation
We can also provide testing based on other needs such as vocational and occupational assessments. Let us know what your needs are and we will be happy to serve you!